494 N. Wilson Avenue, Pasadena
(at the corner of Villa Avenue)
- We have 3 fruit trees planted on the fruit and vegetable side.
- All but one of the native plants beds are finished and planted.
- We started putting down an urbanite path. (Urbanite is repurposed broken concrete.)
- The edges have cardboard all around (except where the sprinkler system will be installed.)
- Continue putting in the urbanite path. --
We need volunteers to pick up some more urbanite from Gabe’s house.
- On Saturday, we will plant the remaining 3 California native plants.
Saturday, March 29, 4 to 5:30 pm
Tuesday, April 1, 5 to 6 pm
Thursday, April 3, 5 to 6:30 pm
This week at the garden: Make an urbanite path
Tasks to accomplish:
Build urbanite path,
Plant California native plants,
Sculpt the soil with a shovel to mitigate water pooling after the rain,
Bring food and/or drink to share,
Pick up trash,
Chat with passersby,
Time Bank members can earn time dollars to trade for other services. Sign up for a free membership at http://arroyoseco.timebanks.org.
— Sylvia Holmes