Throop Learning Garden
8:30 am–10:30 am
Throop U.U. Church
300 So. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena
Here's what's in store:
- Earth based meditation 8:30-9am in fruit guild.
- Unwrapping and finishing the hypertufa bird bath Jim B. led us to construct last week! Thanks, Jim!
- Light general maintenance, pruning, watering.
- Continue mulching & taping the reclaimed Los Robles lawn. We still have one small section of grass by flagpole.
- Harvesting veggies & flowers (volunteers may share harvest).
- Picking & arranging some flowers for the lunch tables.
Two items will affect us Sunday:
First, It will be an extremely hot day, so we will be seeking shade by 10:30 am.
Be sure to bring a hat & sunscreen. We will provide water.
Second, the Pasadena Marathon takes place Sunday, so street closures will be an obstacle.
Check online for times of street closures, & plan your travel accordingly.
And of course, there's a delicious potluck lunch after the church service. All are welcome!
Thanks again to all who participated in the organizational meeting last Sunday! Your thoughts,
efforts, and creative ideas are allowing the garden to grow so beautifully.
See you Sunday!
— January Nordman