Crunchy Crafters & Throop Learning Garden
Please join us for a delightful afternoon as the Crunchy Crafters team guide you to make a simple, mild, organic soap out of olive oil.
This is a hands-on class. See below for the list of items that you will need to bring in order to make you first or nth batch of soap and share some good times with fellow makers. You will go home with 8 bars of soap and instructions for making your next batch. RSVP by July 24 is required.
The Learning Garden will have a seed swap, garden produce swap, and rose petal sachet making. And of course, some delicious refreshments. Garden tours will be available.
- Stick/Hand Blender - Any brand will do.
- Soap Mold - Almost anything can be used: milk cartons; shoe boxes; plastic containers; wooden molds.
- Large Bowl to measure oils in before mixing.
- Large Metal Spoon for stirring the soap and getting it into the mold.
- Safety Goggles
- Rubber Gloves
- Plastic Bag to put bowl and stick blender in to safely transport home.
RSVP by July 24
Time bank dollars, plus $10 materials fee
Location: Throop Hall
300 S. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena 91101
(Enter through the back patio)